Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Eating Disorder Support

I chose to live

Yet walk the line

Trying to move forward

Some how, always stepping back

I want to be free today

And forget about the days past

I fell into relapse...



Three days past

Running from something

Hiding from everything

My mind gone, body to isolation

Lost to all

but forgotten by nobody



I made the call

A friend to answer

A voice to be heard

A habit to break

A personality to recover

A new life to live



For 3 days I went into my ED and it was a nightmare, I became the monster I so fear that runs from everything. I am new in recovery and feel so strong, yet I was broken and blind sided by my ED! A friend from my support group came over twice and knocked some sense into me. We just have to know that hiding and retreating is not the answer. We are never alone though I know how lonely it feels at periods of the day. Call somebody, just don't hide! Thought I would share this as my first blog as I am not perfect! We are all in this together. I chose to live is a process of starting over and failing forward rather than regressing backwards. Life is a beautiful thing, cherish it and share it with others. Pick up the phone or send an email and reach out. I am strong but would love the support of so many others. God bless and keep the fight, relapse is a stepping stone to a stronger foundation for recovery! Live and Learn!



I Chose To Live for Love, Life and Liberty!!

1 comment:

Marla said...

What a wonderful ministry, Patrick! Your site is full of information, support and HOPE. Blessings to you and Jenn for seeing into the silver lining of this bump in the road of life to strengthen you and to reach out to help others. This truly puts into action that GOD NEVER WASTES A HURT.

Prayers for your continued recovery and success with "I CHOSE TO LIVE". :-)